Completely reimagined design, a paddle unlike any other.
The proprietary Advanced Flow Technology (AFT) is designed to significantly increase paddle efficiency and smoothness by reducing turbulence and unwanted blade movements. The Deep Power Scoop (DPS) with dihedral edges delivers power in a controlled manner and works in harmony with our the AFT to create a first-of-its-kind paddling experience.
Our Fastest Ever Paddle – While individual results will vary and speed is just one aspect to consider, our testing has shown the Hydro FlowX will increase your average speed. When putting in a similar effort, paddlers can expect a 3-5% improvement in speed and lap times or paddle the same speed with less effort (when compared to the original Hydro, which is already faster than most race paddles).
Reduced Fatigue – The combination of flow technology and deep scoop produces a fluid stroke which reduces energy usage while increasing forward thrust. The outcome is significantly less paddler fatigue––enabling you to paddle longer and faster than ever before.
4% Lighter –To reduce overall weight, we reworked our layups and introduced 30-ton carbon – a strong but lightweight carbon that’s 25% lighter than our previous material. The resulting paddle is approximately 4% lighter than an equivalent model of the original Hydro. Weighing from just 345 grams (12.1 oz), paddlers can maintain a higher cadence for a longer period of time.
Even Stronger – The Hydro FlowX’s redesigned blade offers massive structural strength. This gave us the dual benefit of being able to optimize the use of carbon in certain areas, while still achieving an overall strength enhancement.
SPRINTING & SHORT DISTANCE RACING
The first paddle made specifically for sprinting and short-distance races. The Hydro SprintX was designed to help paddlers push their limits with maximum acceleration and top speed. Every feature of this paddle is optimized for speed and winning races. With a 7.5° blade angle, a shallower power pocket, and a wider and more compact blade outline––your first stroke will generate an instant burst of acceleration. We also reduced the blade volume to speed up entry and exit, helping you maintain an extremely fast cadence for sprinting.
NEW POWER TAPER SHAFT
We designed a new tapered shaft with a high kick point flex pattern to keep stiffness in the lower portion of the shaft for instant power under extreme load, while the more flexible top section creates increased spring and reduces shoulder fatigue.
NEW POWER GRIP HANDLE
The new PowerGrip ergonomic racing handle ensures that your hand remains secure during sprinting. These two changes represent a significant upgrade on their own.
ADVANCED PADDLE TECHNOLOGY
Utilizing our Advanced Flow with Power Scoop technology and built with 30T carbon and Kevlar, this is the fastest and most responsive paddle on the market. If you are serious about winning, the Hydro SprintX belongs in your paddle quiver for high intensity and short distance racing and training.
$275 – $300
Designed for & families looking for enhanced performance in a lightweight & strong construction
Designed to maximize family fun while minimizing cost, the OHANA is the ultimate entry-level SUP paddle.
Based on the same design & components as the Lava, the Ohana has been tailored for recreational paddlers & families looking for enhanced performance in a lightweight & strong construction.
Lightweight and durable, it represents a big performance upgrade over other entry-level paddles on the market.
The lightweight, powerful & responsive SUP paddle for surfers
Lightweight and strong, the SURGE was designed to meet SUP surfers’ specific needs and has become the paddle of choice for many APP World Tour athletes including; Mo Freitas, Leco Salazar, Lara Claydon, Vania Torres Olivieri and more.
Scooped dihedral blade shaping holds water in the power phase, delivering that quick acceleration needed to scratch into a set wave or escape the impact zone. To improve stability, the extended tapered scoop ensures you’ll get the most out of each stroke, even if you don’t get the full blade in the water.
Weighing from just 350 grams (12.3 oz), the SURGE is the lightest surf paddle on the market but doesn’t sacrifice durability in the process. This rare combination of toughness and performance is made possible by our proprietary TEXCARBON construction — Black Project’s lightest and strongest construction yet.
The new Kanaha Double-Bend Hybrid, by popular demand from paddlers World Wide, Quickblade has produced the finest hand crafted Elite racing Hybrid Outrigger paddle, it weighs in at just 17 ounces.
In two blade sizes:
110 sq.in. – 9″ wide x 18″ tall
115 sq.in. – 9.5″ wide x 18″ tall
$449 – $549
The T2 has a single dihedral with progressive concave surfaces, the T2 is amazingly stable yet smooth through the whole stroke, the outline shape is a perfect marriage of the previous Trifecta and V-Drive models.
The T2 is the successor of the previously popular Trifecta series.
$399.00 – $499.00
Our newest paddles, the UV series.
The NEW UV-77 is available!
If you’re wondering which UV is for you, here’s a quick guide:
UV77: up to 65kg (up to ~143lbs)
UV82: 65-80kg (~143-176lbs)
UV88: 80kg plus (~176lbs plus)
All carbon weight is 16 ounces
UV-77 is 77 sq/in 6.5” wide x 17” tall blade
UV-82 is 82 sq/in 6.75” wide x 17.5” tall blade
UV-88 is 88 sq/in 7” wide x 18” tall blade
Coming off the success of the V Drive for SUP – Dave Kalama and Jim Terrell went to work on taking the unique design and refined it for Outrigger paddling. For over a year they worked on getting this paddle perfect and with the V Drive 111 have created a unique paddle for all levels of Outrigger paddlers. Featuring a strong and lightweight all carbon construction, these paddles provide tremendous force in the catch phase of the stroke, delivering outstanding performance through out all parts of the stroke.
Coming off the success of the V Drive for SUP – Dave Kalama and Jim Terrell went to work on taking the unique design and refined it for Outrigger paddling. For over a year they worked on getting this paddle perfect and with the V Drive 111 have created a unique paddle for all levels of Outrigger paddlers. Featuring a wood shaft of Poplar Cedar sandwich construction, Carbon blade and handle, these paddles provide tremendous force in the catch phase of the stroke, delivering outstanding performance in a lightweight strong construction.
- A unique power pocket designed to provide a trusted, confident, catch also provides stability throughout the power phase of the stroke.
- Classic Shaft: Best option for longer races, less impact and reduced fatigue. Available in our standard and small fit options.
- Tested by some of the top racers on the planet including Josh Riccio and Lina Augaitis.
- 10 degree blade to shaft offset for maximum efficiency.
- Legendary foam core blade design for optimal buoyancy and stability.
- Lime colored graphics package for high visibility on the water.
- Ergonomic carbon fiber grip, designed for maximum comfort and control.
Straight 1 Piece $404 Bent 1 Piece $480
Fast Forward. We aimed to build a race paddle that have the most stable, most confident forward stroke to excel in all conditions, because conditions change from event to event and often times during the race. Start with our unique blade shape, allowing a less abrupt catch and higher cadence. Resized to meet the demands of today’s racers, but not so small to lose power. Gain a softer feel without sacrificing all your blade size. Note our unique 12 degree shaft to blade offset. A dihedral blade face makes it stable and consistent for all strokes. Feel the overall weight of just 14.75 ounces. Our Ultimate performance level uses our most advanced materials and process, gives elite level flex and balance for comfort and performance. Lastly at $389.00 it is without the doubt the best value in race paddles, especially considering its Handcrafted in Sultan, WA quality. Fast Forward to our new sizes in a proven winner and you’ll find yourself climbing the race ranks.
- Our longer, rectangular, slender blade design is easier on the body with a more gentle catch. Utilize large blade size, for more power, without feeling the negative effects. Paddle more effectively at the higher cadences racers are training for.
- Optimized blade-to-shaft offset at 12 degrees, allows for a more vertical blade position. Keeping you in the power phase longer and helping to clean up your exit.
- Dihedral, the ridge running vertically down the length of the blade, allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, no matter how hard you pull, no matter what the conditions.
- Small sized 86sq” blade suits those wanting to limit exertion and ratchet up cadence and to those of smaller stature.
- The volume of the buoyant, carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and quick strokes that “POPs” from the water.
- Smooth back face and thin ABS reinforced blade edges allows for a knife like catch and effortless exit of the stroke.
- Countless hours of testing developed an optimized flex and strength. Comfort all day, all year, without sacrificing power or confidence. Reduce fatigue and injury.
- Choose your Advanced Fit options. Choose our full carbon grip and straight shaft in Standard Fit or Small Fit (Ideal for ladies or those with smaller hands.) Or look to protect the hands and wrists through better ergonomics with our innovative Bent shaf
- Designed for racing. This paddle is not intended for surfing or whitewater.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
The Rip Stick 79 is the answer to what stand up paddle surfers want. More power from a smaller blade. Smaller blade size means a higher cadence for bursts of speed, with a low-profile that won’t trip up when executing turns. To generate more power, we developed an innovative double concave dihedral in the power face of the blade. The power pockets created to accelerate into more waves, outrace outside sets and blast over foam piles, Along with more power the double concave shape of the blade face creates a super stable stroke, for all the crazy angles you find yourself paddling. Coupled with our unique 7 degree blade to shaft offset, softer overall flex and wide range of fit options we now offer the surfer a paddle truly specific to the sport. Read more to see the surf specific designs that let the Rip Stick help you perform at a higher level.
Straight 1 Piece $324 Straight 2 Piece $364 Straight 3 Piece $380
- Dihedral-configured for the surf. Our innovative double concave dihedral creates a self-centering dynamic to any angle or placement of any stroke. Focus on catching the wave in the perfect position without worrying about your paddling technique.
- Dihedral-configured for power. The double concave dihedral creates power pockets. Maximum power from a low profile blade shape and smaller overall size. Higher cadence for more speed, less blade in the way for cranking through turns.
- Wave riding utilizes quick, explosive strokes, hence our surf blade shape. This low profile blade shape also avoids tripping up when performing. Complimenting the initial power of the stroke, we softened the flex to protect your body.
- 7 degree shaft to blade offset does 2 key things in the waves. It keeps the blade more vertical in the short-fast strokes needed for surfing and keeps the blade parallel to the surface of the water – eliminating diving and providing a more confident brace.
- 79 square” blade reduces surface area to excel in the surf, but remains powerful with innovative blade design. This small-size blade suits small to medium surfers.
- Increased volume to size ratio enhances the buoyancy of this carbon blade. Creating a feel of the blade “Popping” from the water. Light-fast strokes and added confidence in your bracing.
- We looked to decades of experience in compression molding paddle blades to come up with our ultra-thin edges. Cleaner entry and exit from the water and lighter weight while remaining abrasion and impact resistant.
- Flex is a key element a surf specific paddle. To reduce stress on the body during the bursts of energy needed when surfing, we increased the overall flex compared to our other carbon models, without sacrificing performance or strength.
- Advanced Fit options to outfit your needs. Choose our carbon straight shaft in fixed length for lightest weight, a 8” LeverLock adjustable system or our 3-piece travel breakdown also with LeverLock.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
Shaft Option Pieces Weight Grams Weight Ounces Length Range Straight 1 Piece 454g. 16oz. 50″ – 84″ in 1″ increments. (85″ to 88″ add $5.00) Straight 2 Piece n/a 19.75oz. LeverLock – 70″ – 78″ | 74″ – 82″ | 80″ – 88″ Straight 3 Piece n/a 22oz. LeverLock Travel – 70″ – 78″ | 74″ – 82″ | 80″ – 88″ Blade Surface Area 79 in2 Blade Length x Width 7.25in x 15.75in