Black Project Hydro SprintX
SPRINTING & SHORT DISTANCE RACING
The first paddle made specifically for sprinting and short-distance races. The Hydro SprintX was designed to help paddlers push their limits with maximum acceleration and top speed. Every feature of this paddle is optimized for speed and winning races. With a 7.5° blade angle, a shallower power pocket, and a wider and more compact blade outline––your first stroke will generate an instant burst of acceleration. We also reduced the blade volume to speed up entry and exit, helping you maintain an extremely fast cadence for sprinting.
NEW POWER TAPER SHAFT
We designed a new tapered shaft with a high kick point flex pattern to keep stiffness in the lower portion of the shaft for instant power under extreme load, while the more flexible top section creates increased spring and reduces shoulder fatigue.
NEW POWER GRIP HANDLE
The new PowerGrip ergonomic racing handle ensures that your hand remains secure during sprinting. These two changes represent a significant upgrade on their own.
ADVANCED PADDLE TECHNOLOGY
Utilizing our Advanced Flow with Power Scoop technology and built with 30T carbon and Kevlar, this is the fastest and most responsive paddle on the market. If you are serious about winning, the Hydro SprintX belongs in your paddle quiver for high intensity and short distance racing and training.
Straight 1 Piece $404 Bent 1 Piece $480
Fast Forward. We aimed to build a race paddle that have the most stable, most confident forward stroke to excel in all conditions, because conditions change from event to event and often times during the race. Start with our unique blade shape, allowing a less abrupt catch and higher cadence. Resized to meet the demands of today’s racers, but not so small to lose power. Gain a softer feel without sacrificing all your blade size. Note our unique 12 degree shaft to blade offset. A dihedral blade face makes it stable and consistent for all strokes. Feel the overall weight of just 14.75 ounces. Our Ultimate performance level uses our most advanced materials and process, gives elite level flex and balance for comfort and performance. Lastly at $389.00 it is without the doubt the best value in race paddles, especially considering its Handcrafted in Sultan, WA quality. Fast Forward to our new sizes in a proven winner and you’ll find yourself climbing the race ranks.
- Our longer, rectangular, slender blade design is easier on the body with a more gentle catch. Utilize large blade size, for more power, without feeling the negative effects. Paddle more effectively at the higher cadences racers are training for.
- Optimized blade-to-shaft offset at 12 degrees, allows for a more vertical blade position. Keeping you in the power phase longer and helping to clean up your exit.
- Dihedral, the ridge running vertically down the length of the blade, allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, no matter how hard you pull, no matter what the conditions.
- Small sized 86sq” blade suits those wanting to limit exertion and ratchet up cadence and to those of smaller stature.
- The volume of the buoyant, carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and quick strokes that “POPs” from the water.
- Smooth back face and thin ABS reinforced blade edges allows for a knife like catch and effortless exit of the stroke.
- Countless hours of testing developed an optimized flex and strength. Comfort all day, all year, without sacrificing power or confidence. Reduce fatigue and injury.
- Choose your Advanced Fit options. Choose our full carbon grip and straight shaft in Standard Fit or Small Fit (Ideal for ladies or those with smaller hands.) Or look to protect the hands and wrists through better ergonomics with our innovative Bent shaf
- Designed for racing. This paddle is not intended for surfing or whitewater.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
$449 – $549
The T2 has a single dihedral with progressive concave surfaces, the T2 is amazingly stable yet smooth through the whole stroke, the outline shape is a perfect marriage of the previous Trifecta and V-Drive models.
The T2 is the successor of the previously popular Trifecta series.
Completely reimagined design, a paddle unlike any other.
The proprietary Advanced Flow Technology (AFT) is designed to significantly increase paddle efficiency and smoothness by reducing turbulence and unwanted blade movements. The Deep Power Scoop (DPS) with dihedral edges delivers power in a controlled manner and works in harmony with our the AFT to create a first-of-its-kind paddling experience.
Our Fastest Ever Paddle – While individual results will vary and speed is just one aspect to consider, our testing has shown the Hydro FlowX will increase your average speed. When putting in a similar effort, paddlers can expect a 3-5% improvement in speed and lap times or paddle the same speed with less effort (when compared to the original Hydro, which is already faster than most race paddles).
Reduced Fatigue – The combination of flow technology and deep scoop produces a fluid stroke which reduces energy usage while increasing forward thrust. The outcome is significantly less paddler fatigue––enabling you to paddle longer and faster than ever before.
4% Lighter –To reduce overall weight, we reworked our layups and introduced 30-ton carbon – a strong but lightweight carbon that’s 25% lighter than our previous material. The resulting paddle is approximately 4% lighter than an equivalent model of the original Hydro. Weighing from just 345 grams (12.1 oz), paddlers can maintain a higher cadence for a longer period of time.
Even Stronger – The Hydro FlowX’s redesigned blade offers massive structural strength. This gave us the dual benefit of being able to optimize the use of carbon in certain areas, while still achieving an overall strength enhancement.