Black Project Hydro SprintX
SPRINTING & SHORT DISTANCE RACING
The first paddle made specifically for sprinting and short-distance races. The Hydro SprintX was designed to help paddlers push their limits with maximum acceleration and top speed. Every feature of this paddle is optimized for speed and winning races. With a 7.5° blade angle, a shallower power pocket, and a wider and more compact blade outline––your first stroke will generate an instant burst of acceleration. We also reduced the blade volume to speed up entry and exit, helping you maintain an extremely fast cadence for sprinting.
NEW POWER TAPER SHAFT
We designed a new tapered shaft with a high kick point flex pattern to keep stiffness in the lower portion of the shaft for instant power under extreme load, while the more flexible top section creates increased spring and reduces shoulder fatigue.
NEW POWER GRIP HANDLE
The new PowerGrip ergonomic racing handle ensures that your hand remains secure during sprinting. These two changes represent a significant upgrade on their own.
ADVANCED PADDLE TECHNOLOGY
Utilizing our Advanced Flow with Power Scoop technology and built with 30T carbon and Kevlar, this is the fastest and most responsive paddle on the market. If you are serious about winning, the Hydro SprintX belongs in your paddle quiver for high intensity and short distance racing and training.
- A unique power pocket designed to provide a trusted, confident, catch also provides stability throughout the power phase of the stroke.
- Classic Shaft: Best option for longer races, less impact and reduced fatigue. Available in our standard and small fit options.
- Tested by some of the top racers on the planet including Josh Riccio and Lina Augaitis.
- 10 degree blade to shaft offset for maximum efficiency.
- Legendary foam core blade design for optimal buoyancy and stability.
- Lime colored graphics package for high visibility on the water.
- Ergonomic carbon fiber grip, designed for maximum comfort and control.
Coming off the success of the V Drive for SUP – Dave Kalama and Jim Terrell went to work on taking the unique design and refined it for Outrigger paddling. For over a year they worked on getting this paddle perfect and with the V Drive 111 have created a unique paddle for all levels of Outrigger paddlers. Featuring a strong and lightweight all carbon construction, these paddles provide tremendous force in the catch phase of the stroke, delivering outstanding performance through out all parts of the stroke.
The Rip Stick 79 is the answer to what stand up paddle surfers want. More power from a smaller blade. Smaller blade size means a higher cadence for bursts of speed, with a low-profile that won’t trip up when executing turns. To generate more power, we developed an innovative double concave dihedral in the power face of the blade. The power pockets created to accelerate into more waves, outrace outside sets and blast over foam piles, Along with more power the double concave shape of the blade face creates a super stable stroke, for all the crazy angles you find yourself paddling. Coupled with our unique 7 degree blade to shaft offset, softer overall flex and wide range of fit options we now offer the surfer a paddle truly specific to the sport. Read more to see the surf specific designs that let the Rip Stick help you perform at a higher level.
Straight 1 Piece $324 Straight 2 Piece $364 Straight 3 Piece $380
- Dihedral-configured for the surf. Our innovative double concave dihedral creates a self-centering dynamic to any angle or placement of any stroke. Focus on catching the wave in the perfect position without worrying about your paddling technique.
- Dihedral-configured for power. The double concave dihedral creates power pockets. Maximum power from a low profile blade shape and smaller overall size. Higher cadence for more speed, less blade in the way for cranking through turns.
- Wave riding utilizes quick, explosive strokes, hence our surf blade shape. This low profile blade shape also avoids tripping up when performing. Complimenting the initial power of the stroke, we softened the flex to protect your body.
- 7 degree shaft to blade offset does 2 key things in the waves. It keeps the blade more vertical in the short-fast strokes needed for surfing and keeps the blade parallel to the surface of the water – eliminating diving and providing a more confident brace.
- 79 square” blade reduces surface area to excel in the surf, but remains powerful with innovative blade design. This small-size blade suits small to medium surfers.
- Increased volume to size ratio enhances the buoyancy of this carbon blade. Creating a feel of the blade “Popping” from the water. Light-fast strokes and added confidence in your bracing.
- We looked to decades of experience in compression molding paddle blades to come up with our ultra-thin edges. Cleaner entry and exit from the water and lighter weight while remaining abrasion and impact resistant.
- Flex is a key element a surf specific paddle. To reduce stress on the body during the bursts of energy needed when surfing, we increased the overall flex compared to our other carbon models, without sacrificing performance or strength.
- Advanced Fit options to outfit your needs. Choose our carbon straight shaft in fixed length for lightest weight, a 8” LeverLock adjustable system or our 3-piece travel breakdown also with LeverLock.
- Read our Advanced Designs + Advanced Fit section below for even more information on this paddle.
Shaft Option Pieces Weight Grams Weight Ounces Length Range Straight 1 Piece 454g. 16oz. 50″ – 84″ in 1″ increments. (85″ to 88″ add $5.00) Straight 2 Piece n/a 19.75oz. LeverLock – 70″ – 78″ | 74″ – 82″ | 80″ – 88″ Straight 3 Piece n/a 22oz. LeverLock Travel – 70″ – 78″ | 74″ – 82″ | 80″ – 88″ Blade Surface Area 79 in2 Blade Length x Width 7.25in x 15.75in